Bringing the Best in Artisan Food Production to you, and bringing you to meet the Producers. West Cork Food can accommodate six food enthusiasts on this special weekend in June 2012. To make enquiries or to book, simply email Stephen Sage at
. Plus if you can organise a group of six, including yourself, then you will win a €50 Voucher for Ballinwillin House Farm, famed for its wine cellar, hand crafted food and its farm shop.
West Cork Food June Break 2012 Full Programme includes
Friday 15 June
Arrive at West Cork Hotel
6.30pm - Meet the Producers; This is an informal chance to meet, talk and eat with some of our leading artisan producers in West Cork:
- Jeffa Gill – Durrus Cheese, the only Cork washed-rind cheese still made from unpasteurised milk, medal winner at the British, International and World Cheese Awards including Supreme Champion at the International Cheese Awards.
- Frank Krawczyk - Charcutier from Schull who has made prize winning pork sausages; currently teaching Nose to Tail Pig Butchering and Curing Skills.
- Con McCloughlin and Karen Austin – Lettercolum Kitchen Project, a walled vegetable garden and its produce; Con and Karen also have their own shop producing bread and croissants, savoury and sweet tarts, pizzas, soup and lasagne on a daily basis.
- Sally Barnes – Woodcock Smokery, hand crafted, smoke cured, wild caught fish, winner of a number of Great Taste Awards including Supreme Champion
Individual bookings will have accommodation at the West Cork Hotel, group bookings will stay at Barbara’s Cottages.
Saturday 16 June
10.30am - Smoke Your Own; A visit to Sally Barnes at Woodcock Smokery to learn filleting skills and prepare your own fish to be smoked in time for you to take it home with you. Woodcock smoked wild salmon has regularly featured in the Great Taste Awards in London.
Lunch at Woodcock Smokery
2.30pm - Manning’s Food festival, Ballylickey; Held at the famous Manning’s Emporium at Ballylickey, over 40 fresh food, drink and craft producers on display, all presenting a wonderful selection of tastes and aromas - cheeses a speciality! Also demonstrations and live entertainment. You can taste, watch, talk and shop!
Tea at Manning’s Emporium
Dinner - Individual bookings: Return to the West Cork Hotel for Dinner in Kennedy restaurant in Skibbereen. The fare here focuses on locally-caught seafood, on the best of locally-sourced, seasonal game, and on the finest of local herbs and organic vegetables. House specialities include Bantry Bay Mussels, Castletownbere Crab and Salmon Cake.
Dinner - Self-catering accommodation: return to Barbara’s Cottages, Guest Chef Mei Chin, food writer and blogger, to demonstrate and cook evening meal for you based on local produce and drawing on her cookery skills learned around the world.
Sunday 18 June
Seaweed Hunting and Foraging with Sally McKenna, photographer, cookery editor, and the publisher of the Bridgestone Guides
Lunch at Glebe Gardens, five acres of organic garden running down to the sea. The award winning Glebe Café provides meals throughout the day using produce from the garden and from local producers, artisans and fishermen.
3.00pm – depart
Total cost for this West Cork Food break in June: €380 per person, price includes:
• Accommodation and breakfast
• Evening meals on two days
• Collection and return to Cork airport or station if required
• Transport to and from venues
For more information visit: www.westcorkfood.com